Develop a new neural net just for potholes dubbed, Deep Pothole (or Deep Hole) purely for detecting potholes in the road. The system would upload pothole location data to the cloud, building a global map of all potholes (aka PotMap). Also autopilot would avoid the pothole automatically. Finally, if you're not using autopilot, a warning would chime if a pothole is coming.
Similar to saving dashcam clips upon honking the horn, this features would be to save clips upon emergency braking events or hard braking in general.
1) On highway and the car thinks that the Tractor trailer (next to me) is coming into my lane (when it didn't even come off center) and auto pilot swerves away.
2) There's an intersection where auto pilot steers into the opposite turning lane (wrong way).... more »
Show a warning when the road could be slippery or icy. For example if the temperature drops below 32 degrees F, then the display should give a warning about possible slippery roads ❄️ 🌧 . Similarly, if rain is detected.
Reverse should always have less acceleration. Unless you work for the secret service or you are a stunt driver, there is no need to have full acceleration in reverse.
An optional button to enable dynamic "de-fishing" to present a display similar to a normal rear view mirror in terms of field of view. It's pretty simple to do and it would solve the issue of the image cutting off too much of the bottom of the view.
- Could make another kind of "clicking" sound to passively let the driver know someone... more »
1) Automatically unlocks charge port to leave a situation while charging without exiting the vehicle in an emergency.
2) Automatically save cams clip
3) Can dispatch 911 to your location if you choose you need the help.
This may damage charger of charge port, but there may be a time when you may need to leave an area/situation where your safety is more important.
Tesla can also... more »
With most cars having LED headlights it seems we are being pulled over by the police.
It would be great if the screen refresh was quicker (or slower) than most LED's to avoid the panic situation of thinking there is an emergency vehicle behind you while displaying the rear camera onscreen.
We drive the smartest cars on the planet. Let's help out our fellow owners who forget to turn off their turn signal and never change lanes. This could be added to the senior citizen option ideas. Increasing size of flashing arrow with increasing volume over time.
I guess it should be possible to do with the cabin camera and some analysis of the driver's eyes.